September, 2016 Thursday
DevOps Foundation Certification – September 2016
Irish Computer Society
Dublin , 87-89 Pembroke Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 2
This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
Daysha has partnered with the DevOps Institute to bring enterprise level DevOps training and certification to the market. Working with thought leaders from the DevOps community, the IT Service Management field and the IT training market, the DevOps Institute is setting the standard in quality for enterprise grade DevOps education and training.
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices — including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
COURSE / STUDENT MATERIALS:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- DevOps – The Basics (pre-class resource)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed, administered and maintained by the DevOps Institute. The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
- Completion of pre-class assignment
- Familiarity with IT and IT service management is recommended
- Individuals and organizations seeking a foundational understanding of DevOps
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, reengineering or improving process
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Internal and external suppliers
- Process stakeholders
Cost includes the DevOps Foundation Course Materials and Certification Exam. Discounts are available for groups of 3 or more. Please check the EventBrite page for up-to-date information and to register yourself for the course.